Balagopal Vissa INSEAD
Phanish Puranam INSEAD
The Strategic Management Society (SMS) is pleased to announce that a Doctoral Workshop will be held on December 19, 2013 following the SMS Special Conference in India. This workshop will be held on the campus of the Indian School of Business in Mohali and will be funded partially through the generous support of the Society for the Advancement of Management Studies (suppliers of the Journal of Management Studies). The SMS India 2013 Doctoral Workshop provides a great opportunity for doctoral students in strategic management to develop their research interests in a unique interdisciplinary and interactive setting. A panel of distinguished research faculty will serve as mentors to provide guidance and feedback on attendees' research plans and proposals.
The objectives of this workshop are to provide a supportive setting where participants can:
- Receive guidance on the how to produce a thesis and publish their research in the most appropriate outlets
- Broaden their professional network
- Learn about the challenges of building a successful academic career in strategic management
Invited Participants and Submissions
We invite advanced doctoral students in Strategic Management and related areas to apply. Application materials should include:
- Nomination/recommendation letter from a faculty member (with contact information).
- A one-page summary of the applicant’s career to date including research interests (double spaced, 12 point font).
- A 300-word description of the applicant’s projected papers that will come out of the dissertation.
Please note that space is limited and all applications must be received by September 1, 2013.
The workshop will consist of the following sessions:
- Launching a Research Career
- Where do You Want to make an Impact? Being an Impactful Scholar
- Meet the Editors
- Dissertation Clinic: Doctoral candidates will be 'matched' with faculty mentors based on interests and research focus to work on specific issues